*blog post only available in English
Dear Solar Community,
We are thrilled to invite you to embark on a self-discovery journey into the Italian Alps. Get ready for five days of exploration and personal growth, all the while immersed in the stunning natural beauty of the mountains. This hike is specially designed for a small group of nature enthusiasts who would like to learn more about how to create their own mountain adventure. It will provide you with essential skills and knowledge to help you navigate these majestic terrains with confidence.
Daniel Pernet is collaborating with Teun from GO! Outdoor Training, and together they will lead an unforgettable experience that will empower you both physically and mentally. Teun is an outdoor enthusiast and has spent countless days in the great outdoors. He will be teaching us:
- Mountain Navigation Basics: You will learn how to read maps effectively, study the different facilities available in a certain location, and plot your own routes. This will help you to safely plan your own hut-to-hut mountain hike and how to understand the intricacies of the mountain landscape.
- Physical Preparation for Alpine Hiking: Prior to embarking on our journey, we will provide you with valuable insights on how to prepare your body for the demands of this exhilarating hike. From strength and endurance training to exercises for stable knees, core and hips, we will advise you with some important considerations to tackle the challenging trails that lay ahead.
- Emergency Situations and Safety Measures: Safety is our utmost priority. During the hike, you will learn how to handle various emergency situations that may arise while at altitude. We will discuss how to assess potential risks, how to deal with someone who is injured or can no longer continue a hike, and practical exercises addressing what to do in the event of bad weather or a storm.
- Mastering the Art of Walking: Ascending and descending the mountains can be physically demanding. You will learn various walking techniques that will make navigating these terrains easier and more enjoyable. Discover the best strategies for conserving energy, maintaining balance and optimising your overall hiking experience.
Daniel will guide you on a transformative journey that will help you enhance your overall health and vitality. You will be guided in:
- Optimising Circadian Rhythm: You will learn why this is such a vital aspect of our overall health, and what practices you can implement (especially in your morning routine) to stay balanced in the modern world.
- Living with Integrity and Alignment: We will discuss how to discover your core values and what it means to live in alignment with your true authentic self. You will gain insight into how to attract people in your life who resonate with you and your mission.
- Personal Development Practices: As a group, we will participate in practices that will drop you out of your head and into your body, to help you navigate your challenges with an open heart. Conducting these practices in nature stimulates a depth of present-time consciousness that is pure bliss to experience.
- Chiropractic Adjustments: Of course you will be adjusted along the way to help keep your body in peak performance along the hike, support optimal sleep and recovery at night, and a clear and calm mind during the day.
This is quite a physically demanding adventure where we will be hiking up to 11 hours and 2000 metres of altitude variance in one day. It requires a high level of physical fitness and we ask you to objectively self-determine if your fitness levels would be a good match for the group.
PRE-HIKE PREPARATORY MEETING
Before we embark on this adventure, we will conduct a preparatory meeting of around 2-3 hours where we will dive deeper how to plan and prepare for a trip like this. Of course you will be able to ask all your questions and Teun can assess whether he thinks you are able to meet the physical demands of the hike.
WHEN: August 16th-20th 2023
GROUP SIZE: Maximum 8 participants
COST: €850 - €1250 (excluding transport to Milan) depending on the number of participants. We will confirm final costs when the group has been decided.
To show your interest, please fill out the following form and then we can select a date for the introduction meeting to discuss the itinerary and practical aspects of this adventure.
Immerse yourself in the splendour of Mother Earth, disconnect from the demands of everyday life, and forge lasting connections with like-minded individuals from the Solar Community. Unwind amidst awe-inspiring landscapes, breathe in the crisp alpine air, and nourish your mind, body and spirit.
Join us for this empowering journey into the Italian Alps.