*blog post only available in English
Chiropractic care is one of the largest, drugless healing arts and a natural way to express a vibrant and resilient lifestyle. The day has arrived when you have decided to work with a chiropractor to improve your health and vitality. Besides the common factors you would normally consider, such as location, google reviews, price, etc., we would like to share some understated but essential values and attributes when it comes to choosing a chiropractor for your healing journey.
- Integrity. Your chiropractor should practice what they preach. Ask them about their lifestyle and how often they get adjusted.
- A holistic approach. You want a chiropractor who understands that the health of the body is intricately tied to the health of the mind, emotions and the spirit. There is no healing within the physical body without taking into consideration the mental-emotional and spiritual bodies. Your chiropractor should also advocate for proper nutrition, movement, breath, connection and community as a part of your healing process.
- Pain and symptoms are not the problems. Find a chiropractor who understands and acknowledges that pain, symptoms or dis-ease in the body is a sacred invitation calling us back to ourselves. They should know that pain serves a purpose. Pain is just a messenger and a guiding force that acts as a signal. This signal, much like the check engine light in your car, is asking you to pay attention to parts of yourself that you have been forsaking.
- You are the healer, not the chiropractor. Your chiropractor should not be someone who takes credit for your healing. All healing is self-healing. Your body built itself from a single cell and knows how to heal. In fact, you're the only one that can heal you. All the chiropractor can do is help reduce and eliminate interference between the brain and the body. When there is a clear channel of communication within the nervous system, your body voluntarily releases stress, unwinds, integrates experiences, detoxifies, adapts and conveys your fullest expression of health.
- No quick fixers in chiropractic. Please do not fall for the quick-fix claims that some chiropractors might market themselves to provide. Healing takes time, and any chiropractor claiming to "fix your pain" or "treat your symptom" is not being honest with you. By the time you come to the chiropractor, you probably have been carrying stored stress or deep tension patterns for a long time and have become accustomed in mind and body to the restricted behaviour patterns. You might desire the quick fix or the instant pain relief, but the true nature of healing is non-linear and requires honouring the pace of your body.
- Find yourself a vitalistic chiropractor. Chiropractic care is founded on vitalistic principles that promote the liberation and longevity of the body's intelligent life force. A vitalistic chiropractor does not presume to treat or "fix" symptoms, but works with the intelligence of the body to return the nervous system to a state of normal physiology, normal function. Providing vitalistic care that clears tension patterns, energy blocks and removes stress from the nervous system, freeing up the communication between the body and the brain and enhancing the coordination of your own innate healing process.
The human body is one of the most complex, dynamic and interconnected systems known to man. At Solar Chiropractic, we are here to honour the complexity of each person's nervous system and the individuality of your healing process.
Part of our responsibility as your chiropractor is to invite your self-awareness to come through so that you can also independently navigate your own healing and health journey outside of our practice. We promise to hold space for you while you begin to approach yourself with love and curiosity. Healing has its stages. Healing has varying depths, and as we begin to embody self-mastery, healing will always be within reach.
Our human experience is such a beautiful journey of unfolding into our greatest potential, and as chiropractors, we are here to help you remember how powerful you are.